Sunday, November 7, 2010

Allergist, Round 2

9.17.2010

On the morning of the 17th of September we woke up very early...okay early for us, it was probably like 7:30 am or something, and we headed back to Dr. Hendershot's office for a food challenge.

Can you tell she was tired?

We stopped on the way and picked up an egg mcmuffin from McDonalds, the healthiest option I'm sure. But that's what the doctor recommended, so we went with it. :)

After getting all checked in, and back in our room, Dr. Hendershot told her to eat her sandwich. Which Hallie was all to eager to do. She took her first bite and said, "this is great!" it was very cute.
First bite of egg ever.
Hallie ate the entire sandwich! That's a lot for a two year old! But after she finished her sandwich it was the waiting game. So we played with toys for awhile.
I had planned on being there for a few hours, like we had been told, but Hallie did so well that we weren't even there an hour. So Hallie can eat egg now! Happy day! She still doesn't eat much straight eggs, but just the fact that she can eat things with eggs in them is great! We are so excited!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yay Missy Mae! We still have 6 months to wait before Cecily can have her egg challenge :( I'm happy you guys are working through the food allergies too and its so nice everytime you can add something back in! We're still doing wheat free (all of us) but I'm learning to cook/bake betting things and trying new recipes. I sound like Hallie has been a real trooper through all this :)