Sunday, July 24, 2011

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

4.26.2011

So, from time to time Hallie will get out of bed before me, and not come wake me up. Normally it isn't a big deal, she will normally get her milk out of the fridge and be content for a little while. Well, this morning was not one of those mornings. I woke up to her playing in her bedroom, sounds harmless right? Not a chance. When I asked her to come here, she responded with "I can't! I have paint on my feet!" Um, what?! Not what any mother wants to hear first thing in the morning.

I jumped out of bed, to find this little trouble maker...
And yes, that would be my finger nail polish. You would think she was just going to paint her toenails, but nope, she went full fledged and painted the whole bottom of her feet too. Awesome.

Of course my first thought was how much of it is all over the floor, but amazingly, she had only got one tiny strand of carpet green with the finger nail polish. I was shocked.

After having a little bit of a talk and throwing her in the tub, I called my mom to see the best way to get her all cleaned up and how to get it out of her favorite, and I mean favorite, Elmo pajamas. My dad showed up a little bit later with a few different things and he could stop laughing. He kept saying it's so much funnier when it happens to someone else...but in all truth it was pretty funny to me even by the time he got there.


Anyway, the fingernail polish has since been moved to a more child-safe location, and we have quite the story to tell. :)





1 comment:

Clancy and Katie Black said...

This made Clancy and I laugh out loud. What a funny girl!